Search for a professional service to audit a CephFS infrastructure

Hello,

In a professional context, I'm looking for someone with strong CephFS expertise to help us audit our infrastructure. We prefer an on-site audit, but are open to working remotely, and can provide any documentation or information required.

Please note that we are not currently in a blocking situation (the storage is functional and meets requirements), but we would like to anticipate an increase in workload and identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement.

Our infrastructure, located in Grenoble (France), consists of 12 servers in three server rooms, each server containing 60 HDD of 18.2 TiB, for a total of ~12 PiB raw and 4 PiB net (replicated size 3). We currently store 1.72 PiB (net) of data, in a single CephFS filesystem with ~300 clients (linux kernel). A specific pool is dedicated to MDS, backed with NVMe OSDs. Network is 2 x 25Gbps per server and 2 x 100Gbps between the three server rooms, with jumbo frames for the replication network.

This CephFS storage houses the scientific data produced by some fifty fundamental research instruments, as well as the analysis of these data.

Our questions mainly concern the configuration of the MDS (currently 6 active MDS + 6 standby-replay), such as :
 - Best number of MDS for our workload
 - Pinning MDS to specific parts of the filesystem ?
 - MDS cache size
 - CephFS clients performances
 - ...

If you'd like to keep in touch (especially commercially), don't hesitate to contact me at my work address: sirjean@xxxxxx

Cheers,

--
Fabien Sirjean

Head of IT Infrastructures (DPT/SI/INFRA)
Institut Laue Langevin (ILL)
+33 (0)4 76 20 76 46 / +33 (0)6 62 47 52 80