(belated) CLT notes

Hi folks, the CLT met on Monday August 5. We discussed a few topics:

* The mailing lists are a problem to moderate right now with a huge
increase in spam. We have two problems: 1) the moderation system's web
front-end apparently isn't operational. That's getting fixed. 2) The
moderation is a big load regardless. Casey asked if we want to move to
the Linux Foundation-managed list system; Josh will take that to the
board since it involves some cost.

* Squid Release. 19.1.1 testing is making good progress.
* (Likely) Final quincy release 17.2.8 is next up in the queue. There
isn't a lot targeted for it right now, so please apply the explicit
17.2.8 milestone or set needs-qa on quincy-labeled PRs if you want
Yuri to help move them forward.

* The big topic is centos8 stream, in two ways:
1) We dropped building packages for it in the middle of the Reef
stable release stream because our build system can't handle the way
they closed the release. (Packages are still available at archival
URLs, but we aren't set up to use those and probably can't access them
the same way we normally do.) This has understandably upset some
people. Can we fix it?
2) We had many developers spend a lot of time unexpectedly updating
our QA systems when 8.stream disappeared, and it's still an ongoing
problem for things like upgrade testing of backports. Is Centos stream
a reliable base for our container images, package building, and test
infrastructure? Should we move elsewhere?
We need more information and a wider discussion, so this was also a
topic at yesterday's CDM. We will continue to discuss and coordinate
with other interest groups and keep you informed.

-Greg