De : Best Regards <wu_chulin@xxxxxx>
Envoyé : jeudi 8 août 2024 08:10
À : Frédéric Nass
Cc: ceph-users
Objet : Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re:  Please guide us inidentifying thecause ofthedata miss in EC pool

Hi,&nbsp;Frédéric Nass

Thank you for your continued attention and guidance. Let's analyze and verify this issue from different perspectives.

The reason why we did not stop the investigation is that we tried to find other ways to avoid the losses caused by this sudden failure. Turning off the disk cache is the last option, of course, this operation will only be carried out after finding definite evidence.

I also have a question that among the 9 OSDs, some have not been restarted. In theory, these OSDs should retain the object info(metadata,pg_log,etc.), even if the object cannot be recovered. I sorted out the OSD booting log where the object should be located and the PG peering process:

OSD 494/1169/1057 has been in the running state, and osd.494 was the primary of the acting_set during the failure. However, no record of the object was found using `ceph-object-tool --op list or --op log` in, so the loss of data due to disk cache loss does not seem to be a complete explanation (perhaps there is some processing logic that we have not paid attention to).

Best Regards,

Woo
wu_chulin@xxxxxx

Best&nbsp;Regards