Re: Can you return orphaned objects to a bucket?

Hello,

Not sure this exactly matches your case but you could try to reindex those orphan objects with 'radosgw-admin object reindex --bucket {bucket_name}'. See [1] for command arguments, like realm, zonegroup, zone, etc.
This command scans the data pool for objects that belong to a given bucket and add those objects back to the bucket index.

Same logic as rgw-restore-bucket-index [1][2] script that has proven to be successful in recovering bucket indexes destroyed by resharding [3] in the past.
'radosgw-admin object reindex --bucket {bucket_name}' may be faster than rgw-restore-bucket-index if I'm not mistaken.

Regards,
Frédéric.

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/man/8/rgw-restore-bucket-index/
[2] https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/main/src/rgw/rgw-restore-bucket-index