Re: [Ceph-announce] v18.2.4 Reef released

We'd like to add our own noises of discontent from the public gallery.

We have three Ceph clusters running Alma 8.10, a total of 108 nodes, storing ~40PiB of Science data.

Upgrading these nodes to Alma/Rocky/OEL/RHEL 9.x is something we have been preparing for, but had not expected to do so for another 6 months.

Why remove support for EL8 mid release cycle, with zero warning?

Is there any possibility of getting one more point release of ceph for EL8? This would at least avoid a knee-jerk OS upgrade.

Best regards

Jake