Re: Full list of metrics provided by ceph exporter daemon

That's not the answer I expected to see :( Are you suggesting enabling all
possible daemons of Ceph just to obtain a full list of metrics? Isn't there
any list in ceph repo or in documentation with all metrics exposed?

Another question: ceph_rgw_qactive metric changed its instance_id from
numeric format to a letter format. Is there any pull request for that in
Ceph or it is Rook initiative? Example:

metrics from prometheus module:
ceph_rgw_qactive{instance_id="4134960"} 0.0
ceph_rgw_qactive{instance_id="4493203"} 0.0

metrics from ceph-exporter:
ceph_rgw_qactive{instance_id="a"} 0 ceph_rgw_qactive{instance_id="a"} 0

чт, 20 июн. 2024 г. в 20:09, Anthony D'Atri <aad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> curl http://endpoint:port/metrics
>
> > On Jun 20, 2024, at 10:15, Peter Razumovsky <prazumovsky@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm using Ceph Reef with Rook v1.13 and want to find somewhere a full
> list
> > of metrics exported by brand new ceph exporter daemon. We found that some
> > metrics have been changed after moving from prometheus module metrics to
> > separate daemon.
> >
> > We used described method [1] to give us a time to mitigate all risks
> during
> > transfer to a new daemon. Now we want to obtain a full list of
> > ceph-exporter metrics to compare old and new metrics and to mitigate
> > potential risks of losing monitoring data and breaking alerting systems.
> We
> > found some examples of metrics [2] but it is not complete so we will
> > appreciate it if someone points us to the full list.
> >
> > [1]
> >
> https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/mgr/prometheus/#ceph-daemon-performance-counters-metrics
> >
> > [2] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/monitoring/
> >
> > --