delete s3 bucket too slow?

Hi

when deleting an S3 bucket, the operation took longer than the time-out for
the dashboard, causing the delete to fail. Some of these buckets are really
large (100+TB), also our cluster is very busy with replacing broken OSD
disks, but how can such an operation (delete bucket) take too long for the
dashboard to time out and not do it?

What is the right way to do this?

We are currently on Quincy (17.2.7) using packages for Ubuntu.

Cheers

/Simon

--
I'm using my gmail.com address, because the gmail.com dmarc policy is
"none", some mail servers will reject this (microsoft?) others will instead