Re: Ceph RBD, MySQL write IOPs - what is possible?

> 6) There are advanced tuning like numa pinning, but you should get decent speeds without doing fancy stuff.

This is why I’d asked the OP for the CPU in use.  Mark and Dan’s recent and superlative presentation about 1TB/s with Ceph underscored how tunings can make a very real difference.  On EPYS, for example:

* Experiment with NPS = 4, 2, 1, 0
* Disabling IOMMU in the kernel may make a huge difference
* Single-socket vs dual-socket systems make a difference.  To be clear, that means like a higher-core -P CPU in a chassis designed for single-socket, not a dual socket unit left half empty with half the cores.  CPU interconnects can matter, as when chasing critical latency things like how many chiplets comprise the CPU (compare Sapphire Rapids to Emerald Rapids) and how many cores per IO die are present.