Re: Lousy recovery for mclock and reef

On 24.05.2024 21:07, Mazzystr wrote:
I did the obnoxious task of updating ceph.conf and restarting all my osds.

ceph --admin-daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-osd.*.asok config get osd_op_queue
{
    "osd_op_queue": "wpq"
}

I have some spare memory on my target host/osd and increased the target
memory of that OSD to 10 Gb and restarted. No effect observed. In fact
mem usage on the host is stable so I don't think the change took effect
even with updating ceph.conf, restart and a direct asok config set. target
memory value is confirmed to be set via asok config get

Nothing has helped.  I still cannot break the 21 MiB/s barrier.

Does anyone have any more ideas?

For recovery you can adjust the following.

osd_max_backfills default is 1, in my system I get the best performance with 3 and wpq.

The following I have not adjusted myself, but you can try.
osd_recovery_max_active is default to 3.
osd_recovery_op_priority is default to 3, a lower number increases the priority for recovery.

All of them can be runtime adjusted.

--
Kai Stian Olstad