From: duluxoz <duluxoz@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2024 2:03:02 AM
To: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject:  Forcing Posix Permissions On New CephFS Files

Hi All,

I've gone and gotten myself into a "can't see the forest for the trees"
state, so I'm hoping someone can take pity on me and answer a really dumb Q.

So I've got a CephFS system happily bubbling along and a bunch of
(linux) workstations connected to a number of common shares/folders. To
take a single one of these folders as an example ("music") the
sub-folders and files of that share all belong to root:music with
permissions of 2770 (folders) and 0660 (files). The "music" folder is
then connected to (as per the Ceph Doco: mount.ceph) via each
workstation's fstab file - all good, all working, everyone's happy.

What I'm trying to achieve is that when a new piece of music (a file) is
uploaded to the Ceph Cluster the file inherits the music share's default
ownership (root:music) and permissions (0660). What is happening at the
moment is I'm getting permissions of 644 (and 755 for new folders).

I've been looking for a way to do what I want but, as I said, I've gone
and gotten myself thoroughly mixed-up.

Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to achieve
what I'm after - thanks

Cheers

Dulux-Oz