Ceph reef and (slow) backfilling - how to speed it up

Dear ceph community,

I’ve a ceph cluster which got upgraded from nautilus/pacific/…to reef over time. Now I added two new nodes to an existing EC pool as I did with the previous versions of ceph.

Now I face the fact, that the previous „backfilling tuning“ I’v used by increasing injectargs --osd-max-backfills=XX --osd-recovery-max-active=YY dose not work anymore.

With adjusting thous parameters the backfill was running with up to 2k +- objects/s.

As I’m not (yet) familiar with the reef opiont the only speed up so far I found is „ceph config set osd osd_mclock_profile high_recovery_ops“ which currently runs the backfill with up to 600 opbjects/s.

My question: What is a best (simple) way to speed that backfill up ?

I’v tried to understand the custom profiles (?) but without success - and did not apply anything other yet.

Thanks for feedback and suggestions ! Best regards . Götz