cache pressure?

So I'm trying to figure out ways to reduce the number of warnings I'm getting and I'm thinking about the one "client failing to respond to cache pressure".

Is there maybe a way to tell a client (or all clients) to reduce the amount of cache it uses or to release caches quickly? Like, all the time?

I know the linux kernel (and maybe ceph) likes to cache everything for a while, and rightfully so, but I suspect in my use case it may be more efficient to more quickly purge the cache or to in general just cache way less overall...?

We have many thousands of threads all doing different things that are hitting our filesystem, so I suspect the caching isn't really doing me much good anyway due to the churn, and probably is causing more problems than it helping...

-erich