Re: MDS Behind on Trimming...

Hi Xiubo,

Nevermind I was wrong, most the blocked ops were 12 hours old.  Ug.

I restarted the MDS daemon to clear them.

I just reset to having one active MDS instead of two, let's see if that makes a difference.

I am beginning to think it may be impossible to catch the logs that matter here. I feel like sometimes the blocked ops are just waiting because of load and sometimes they are waiting because they are stuck. But, it's really hard to tell which, without waiting a while. But, I can't wait while having debug turned on because my root disks (which are 150 GB large) fill up with debug logs in 20 minutes. So it almost seems that unless I could somehow store many TB of debug logs we won't be able to catch this.

Let's see how having one MDS helps. Or maybe I actually need like 4 MDSs because the load is too high for only one or two. I don't know. Or maybe it's the lock issue you've been working on. I guess I can test the lock order fix when it's available to test.

-erich