Re: Question about PR merge

Have you already shared information about this issue? Please do if not.

I am working with Xiubo Li and providing debugging information - in progress!

I was
wondering if it would be included in 18.2.3 which I *think* should be
released soon?  Is there any way of knowing if that is true?

This PR is primarily a debugging tool. It will not make 18.2.3 as it's
not even merged to main yet.

Ah, OK. I hope some solution can be had soon for this item if Xiubo figures it out - it's requiring constant attention to keep my filesystem from hanging, or, the restart MDS daemons multiple times a day to "unstick" the filesystem on random cluster nodes. We think it's due to lock contention/deadlocking.

Possibly it's not affecting others as much as me... We have an HPC cluster hammering the filesystem (18.2.1) and the MDS daemons seems to be reporting lock issues pretty frequently while nodes and processes fighting to get file and directory locks, and deadlocking (we think).

I'll keep working with Xiubo.

-erich