Ceph Community Management Update

Hi everyone,

I’d like to extend a warm thank you to Mike Perez for his years of service
as community manager for Ceph. He is changing focuses now to engineering.

The Ceph Foundation board decided to use services from the Linux Foundation
to fulfill some community management responsibilities, rather than rely on
a single member organization employing a community manager. The Linux
Foundation will assist with Ceph Foundation membership and governance
matters.

Please welcome Noah Lehman (cc’d) as our social media and marketing point
person - for anything related to this area, including the Ceph YouTube
channel, please reach out to him.

Ceph days will continue to be organized and funded by organizations around
the world, with the help of the Ceph Ambassadors (
https://ceph.io/en/community/ambassadors/). Gaurav Sitlani (cc’d) will help
organize the ambassadors going forward.

For other matters, please contact council@xxxxxxx and we’ll direct the
matter to the appropriate people.

Thanks,
Neha Ojha, Dan van der Ster, Josh Durgin
Ceph Executive Council