Re: Setting up Hashicorp Vault for Encryption with Ceph

On 15-04-2024 16:43, Michael Worsham wrote:
Is there a how-to document available on how to setup Hashicorp's Vault for Ceph, preferably in a HA state?

See [1] on how to do this on kubernetes.

AFAIK there is no documentation / integration on using Vault with Cephadm / packages.

Due to some encryption needs, we need to set up LUKS, OSD encryption AND Ceph bucket encryption as well. Yes, we know there will be a performance hit, but the encrypt-everything is a hard requirement for our business needs since we have government and healthcare-related contracts.

You might want to use secure mode for communication between clients / daemons as well [2].

Gr. Stefan

[1]: https://rook.io/docs/rook/latest-release/Storage-Configuration/Advanced/key-management-system/ [2]: https://rook.io/docs/rook/latest-release/Storage-Configuration/Advanced/key-management-system/