Re: PG inconsistent

Le 12/04/2024 à 12:56:12+0200, Frédéric Nass a écrit

Hi,

> Have you check the hardware status of the involved drives other than with smartctl? Like with the manufacturer's tools / WebUI (iDrac / perccli for DELL hardware for example).

Yes, all my disk are «under» periodic check with smartctl + icinga.

> If these tools don't report any media error (that is bad blocs on disks) then you might just be facing the bit rot phenomenon. But this is very rare and should happen in a sysadmin's lifetime as often as a Royal Flush hand in a professional poker player's lifetime. ;-)
>
> If no media error is reported, then you might want to check and update the firmware of all drives.

You're perfectly right.

It's just a newbie error, I check on the «main» osd of the PG (meaning the
first in the list) but forget to check on other.

On when server I indeed get some error on a disk.

But strangely smartctl report nothing. I will add a check with dmesg.

> Once you figured it out, you may enable osd_scrub_auto_repair=true to have these inconsistencies repaired automatically on deep-scrubbing, but make sure you're using the alert module [1] so to at least get informed about the scrub errors.

Thanks. I will look into because we got already icinga2 on site so I use
icinga2 to check the cluster.

Is they are a list of what the alert module going to check ?

Regards

JAS
--
Albert SHIH 🦫 🐸