Re: Can setting mds_session_blocklist_on_timeout to false minize the session eviction?

The solution can be found here. https://ceph.io/en/news/blog/2020/automatic-cephfs-recovery-after-blacklisting/

When a session eviction occurs on the client side and then the recovery is performed, the client's caps and dirty data are dropped and the server also releases the client's caps, so there is no problem with metadata consistency.

Is there a reason why the auto recovery option is not turned on by default?

We are conducting various tests to turn on the auto recovery option by default for the storage we operate.