Re: mclock and massive reads

Hi Luis,

> So our question, is mClock taking into account the reads as well as the
> writes? Or are the reads calculate to be less expensive than the writes?

mClock treats both reads and writes equally. When you say "massive reads",
do you mean a predominantly
read workload? Also, the size of the reads is also factored in to arrive at
the cost of the operation. In general,
the cost of an I/O operation in mClock is proportional to its size. The
higher the cost, the longer the operation
stays in the queue. That being said, the implementation of mClock on
pacific is experimental at best. I would
recommend upgrading to either quincy or reef considering the significant
improvements that were made both
in terms of scheduling and usability.

-Sridhar