quincy-> reef upgrade non-cephadm

Hi,
I am upgrading my test cluster from 17.2.6 (quincy) to 18.2.2 (reef).
As it was an rpm install, i am following the directions here:
Reef — Ceph Documentation

|  |
Reef — Ceph Documentation

The upgrade worked, but I have some observations and questions before I move to my production cluster:

1. I see no systemd units with the fsid in them, as described in the document above. Both before and after the upgrade, my mon and other units are:
ceph-mon@<server>.serviceceph-osd@[N].service
etc
Should I be concerned?
2. Does order matter? Based on past upgrades, I do not think so, but I wanted to be sure. For example, can I update:
mon/mds/radosgw/mgrs first, then afterwards update the osds? This is what i have done in previous updates and and all was well.
3. Again on order, if a server serves say, a mon and mds, I can't really easily update one without the other, based on shared libraries and such.
It appears that that is ok, based on my test cluster, but wanted to be sure. Again if an mds is one of the servers to update, I know I have to updatethe remaining one after max_mds is set to 1 and others are stopped, first.

4. After upgrade of my mgr node I get:
"Module [several module names] has missing NOTIFY_TYPES member"
in ceph-mgr.<server>.log

But the mgr starts up eventually

The system is Rocky Linux 8.9
Thanks for any thoughts