Re: Call for Interest: Managed SMB Protocol Support

Hi,

On 3/22/24 19:56, Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

In fact, I am quite skeptical, because, at least in my experience,
every customer's SAMBA configuration as a domain member is a unique
snowflake, and cephadm would need an ability to specify arbitrary UID
mapping configuration to match what the customer uses elsewhere - and
the match must be precise.

Yes, there has to be a great flexibility possible in the configuration of the SMB service.

BTW: It would be great of the orchestrator could configure Ganesha to export NFs shares with Kerberos security, but this is off-topic in this thread.

Oh, and by the way, we have this strangely
low-numbered group that everybody gets wrong unless they set "idmap
config CORP : range = 500-999999".

This is because Debian changed the standard minimum uid/gid somewhere in the 2000s. And if you have an "old" company running Debian since before then you have user IDs and group IDs in the range 500 - 1000.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 220009 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin