ceph Quincy to Reef non cephadm upgrade

I want to perform non cephadm upgrade from Quincy to Reef. Reason for not using cephadm is do not want to go for ceph in containers.

My test deployment is as given below.

Total cluster hosts : 5
ceph-mon hosts: 3
ceph-mgr hosts: 3 (ceph-mgr active on one node, and other ceph-mgr each on ceph-mon host)
ceph-mds : 1
ceph-osd : 5 (one ceph-osd on each of the host in the cluster.)

While I try to follow the steps - https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/reef/#upgrading-non-cephadm-clusters - on the step - Upgrade monitors by installing the new packages and restarting the monitor daemons. when I try to upgrade only ceph-mon using "apt upgrade ceph-mon" command it upgrades all packages including ceph-mgr, ceph-mds, ceph-osd etc. as ceph-mon package has dependency on these packages.

My question is - does this mean I need to upgrade all ceph packages (ceph, ceph-common) and restart only monitor daemon first? Or there is any way I can upgrade only ceph-mon pacakge first, then ceph-mgr, ceph-osd and so on?