Re: Upgraded 16.2.14 to 16.2.15

Hi,

I also added it to the cluster config
with "ceph config set mon mon_rocksdb_options", but it seems that this
option doesn't have any effect at all.

that's because it's an option that has to be present *during* mon startup, not *after* the startup when it can read the config store.

Zitat von Zakhar Kirpichenko <zakhar@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Eugen,

It is correct that I manually added the configuration, but not to the
unit.run but rather to each mon's config (i.e.
/var/lib/ceph/FSID/mon.*/config). I also added it to the cluster config
with "ceph config set mon mon_rocksdb_options", but it seems that this
option doesn't have any effect at all.

/Z

On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 at 09:58, Eugen Block <eblock@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

> 1. RocksDB options, which I provided to each mon via their configuration
> files, got overwritten during mon redeployment and I had to re-add
> mon_rocksdb_options back.

IIRC, you didn't use the extra_entrypoint_args for that option but
added it directly to the container unit.run file. So it's expected
that it's removed after an update. If you want it to persist a
container update you should consider using the extra_entrypoint_args:

cat mon.yaml
service_type: mon
service_name: mon
placement:
   hosts:
   - host1
   - host2
   - host3
extra_entrypoint_args:
   -

'--mon-rocksdb-options=write_buffer_size=33554432,compression=kLZ4Compression,level_compaction_dynamic_level_bytes=true,bottommost_compression=kLZ4HCCompression,max_background_jobs=4,max_subcompactions=2'

Regards,
Eugen