Re: has anyone enabled bdev_enable_discard?

I came across an enterprise NVMe used for BlueFS DB whose performance
dropped sharply after a few months of delivery (I won't mention the brand
here but it was not among these 3: Intel, Samsung, Micron).
It is clear that enabling bdev_enable_discard impacted performance, but
this option also saved the platform after a few days of discard.

IMHO the most important thing is to validate the behavior when there has
been a write to the entire flash media.
But this option has the merit of existing.

it seems to me that the ideal would be not to have several options on
bdev_*discard, and that this task should be asynchronous and with the
(D)iscard instructions during a calmer period of activity (I do not see any
impact if the instructions are lost during an OSD reboot)