Re: Migration from ceph-ansible to Cephadm

> - I still have the ceph-crash container, what should I do with it?

If it's the old one, I think you can remove it. Cephadm can deploy its own
crash service (`ceph orch apply crash` if it hasn't). You can check if
`crash` is listed under `ceph orch ls` and if it is there you can do `ceph
orch ps --daemon-type crash` to check what crash daemons have been
deployed. There should generally be one on each host.

- The new rgw and mds daemons have some random string in their names (like
> rgw.opsrgw.controllera.*pkajqw*), is this correct ?

Yes, cephadm names daemon types it might possibly have to co-locate  on a
node with 6 random chars at the end.

- How should I proceed with the monitoring stack (grafana, prometheus,
> alermanager and node-exporter)? should I stop then delete the old ones,
> then deploy the new ones with ceph orch?

 Cephadm has a `cephadm adopt` command that can be used to put prometheus,
grafana, and alertmanager daemons under its control. You can do it sort of
like how its done for the mon/mgr in
https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/cephadm/adoption/#adoption-process but just
give the name for the prometheus, grafana, or alertmanager daemon. That's
all assuming these things have data you don't want to lose. If you just
want monitoring under cephadm going forward and don't care about losing
historical data, it could be easier to just remove them and deploy the
monitoring stack with cephadm. (`ceph orch apply node-exporter`, `ceph orch
apply grafana`, `ceph orch apply alertmanager`, `ceph orch apply
prometheus`). Note that for node-exporter you'll have to do it this way
anyway as there is no adoption process for node-exporter.