Re: Pacific Bug?

Hi,

I don't think this is just limited to Pacific, besides the overriding nature of the label parameter, Reef also shows some weird results (it's an upgraded test cluster so don't mind the hostnames):

nautilus:~ # ceph orch host ls
HOST       ADDR             LABELS              STATUS
nautilus   192.168.168.111  mon,osd,mds,_admin
nautilus2  192.168.168.112  mon,osd,mds,_admin
nautilus3  192.168.168.113  mon,osd,mds,_admin
3 hosts in cluster

I have clearly 3 hosts all with the same labels. But selecting a specific label doesn't list all the hosts:

nautilus:~ # ceph orch host ls --label osd
HOST       ADDR             LABELS              STATUS
nautilus   192.168.168.111  mon,osd,mds,_admin
nautilus2  192.168.168.112  mon,osd,mds,_admin
2 hosts in cluster who had label osd

nautilus:~ # ceph orch host ls --label mon
HOST       ADDR             LABELS              STATUS
nautilus   192.168.168.111  mon,osd,mds,_admin
nautilus2  192.168.168.112  mon,osd,mds,_admin
2 hosts in cluster who had label mon

Maybe I misunderstand the term "host_pattern", but I would expect that if I select "nautilus" as host-pattern all three hosts should be listed, but only the one matching the exact hostname shows up:

nautilus:~ # ceph orch host ls --host-pattern nautilus
HOST      ADDR             LABELS              STATUS
nautilus  192.168.168.111  mon,osd,mds,_admin
1 hosts in cluster whose hostname matched nautilus

I haven't checked tracker.ceph.com for existing reports, have you?

Thanks,
Eugen

Zitat von Alex <mr.alexey@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello Ceph Gurus!

I'm running Ceph Pacific version.
if I run
ceph orch host ls --label osds
shows all hosts label osds
or
ceph orch host ls --host-pattern host1
shows just host1
it works as expected

But combining the two the label tag seems to "take over"

ceph orch host ls --label osds --host-pattern host1
6 hosts in cluster who had label osds whose hostname matched host1
shows all host with the label osds instead of only host1.
So at first the flags seem to act like an OR instead of an AND.

ceph orch host ls --label osds --host-pattern foo
6 hosts in cluster who had label osds whose hostname matched foo
even though "foo" doesn't even exist

ceph orch host ls --label bar --host-pattern host1
0 hosts in cluster who had label bar whose hostname matched host1
if the label and host combo was an OR this should have worked
there is no label bar but host1 exists so it just disregards the host-pattern.

This started because the osd deployment task had both label and host_pattern.
The cluster was attempting to deploy OSDS on all the servers with the
given tag instead of the one host we needed,
which caused it to go into warning state.
If I ran
ceph orch ls --export --service_name host1
it also showed both tags and host_pattern.
unmanaged: false
placement:
  host_pattern:
  label:
The issue persisted until I removed the label tag.

Thanks.