Re: Help: Balancing Ceph OSDs with different capacity

Hi Jasper,

I suggest to disable all the crush-compat and reweighting approaches.
They rarely work out.

The state of the art is:

ceph balancer on
ceph balancer mode upmap
ceph config set mgr mgr/balancer/upmap_max_deviation 1

Cheers, Dan

--
Dan van der Ster
CTO

Clyso GmbH
p: +49 89 215252722 | a: Vancouver, Canada
w: https://clyso.com | e: dan.vanderster@xxxxxxxxx

Try our Ceph Analyzer!: https://analyzer.clyso.com/
We are hiring: https://www.clyso.com/jobs/