From: duluxoz <duluxoz@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 4, 2024 1:59:04 PM
To: yipikai7@xxxxxxxxx <yipikai7@xxxxxxxxx>; matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ceph-users@xxxxxxx <ceph-users@xxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: RBD Image Returning 'Unknown Filesystem LVM2_member' On Mount - Help Please

Hi Cedric,

That's what I thought - the access method shouldn't make a difference.

No, no lvs details at all - I mean, yes, the osds show up with the lvs
command on the ceph node(s), but not on the individual pools/images (on
the ceph node or the client) - this is, of course, that I'm doing this
right (and there's no guarantee of that).

To clarify: entering `lvs` on the client (which has the rbd image
"attached" as /dev/rbd0) returns nothing, and `lvs` on any of the ceph
nodes only returns the data for each OSD/HDD.

Full disclosure (as I should have done in the first post): the
pool/image was/is used as block device for oVirt VM disk images - but as
far as I'm aware this should not be the cause of this issue (because we
also use glusterfs and we've got similar VM disk images on gluster
drives/bricks and the VM images show up as "simple" files (yes, I'm
simplifying things a bit with that last statement)