Re: NFS HA - "virtual_ip": null after upgrade to reef

Hi,

if I understand this correctly, with the "keepalive-only" option only one ganesha instance is supposed to be deployed:

If a user additionally supplies --ingress-mode keepalive-only a partial ingress service will be deployed that still provides a virtual IP, but has nfs directly binding to that virtual IP and leaves out any sort of load balancing or traffic redirection. This setup will restrict users to deploying only 1 nfs daemon as multiple cannot bind to the same port on the virtual IP.

Maybe that's why it disappeared as you have 3 hosts in the placement parameter? Is the ingress service still present in 'ceph orch ls'?

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Torkil Svensgaard <torkil@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi

Last week we created an NFS service like this:

"
ceph nfs cluster create jumbo "ceph-flash1,ceph-flash2,ceph-flash3" --ingress --virtual_ip 172.21.15.74/22 --ingress-mode keepalive-only
"

Worked like a charm. Yesterday we upgraded from 17.2.7 to 18.20.0 and the NFS virtual IP seems to have gone missing in the process:

"
# ceph nfs cluster info jumbo
{
  "jumbo": {
    "backend": [
      {
        "hostname": "ceph-flash1",
        "ip": "172.21.15.148",
        "port": 2049
      }
    ],
    "virtual_ip": null
  }
}
"

Service spec:

"
service_type: nfs
service_id: jumbo
service_name: nfs.jumbo
placement:
  count: 1
  hosts:
  - ceph-flash1
  - ceph-flash2
  - ceph-flash3
spec:
  port: 2049
  virtual_ip: 172.21.15.74
"

I've tried restarting the nfs.jumbo service which didn't help. Suggestions?

Mvh.

Torkil

--
Torkil Svensgaard