Re: minimal permission set for an rbd client

Hi,

the mgr caps for profile-rbd were introduced in Nautilus:

The MGR now accepts profile rbd and profile rbd-read-only user caps. These caps can be used to provide users access to MGR-based RBD functionality such as rbd perf image iostat an rbd perf image iotop.

So if you don't need that functionality you can omit those caps. I haven't tested that explicitly but I don't expect any real downside if you don't need those functions, the client should work.

[1] https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/releases/nautilus/#id25

Zitat von cek+ceph@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

I'm following the guide @ https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/rbd/rados-rbd-cmds/
but I'm not following why would an `mgr` permission be required to have a functioning RBD client?

Thanks.