ceph-iscsi on RL9

Hi All,

Just successfully(?) completed a "live" update of the first node of a Ceph Quincy cluster from RL8 to RL9. Everything "seems" to be working - EXCEPT the iSCSI Gateway on that box.

During the update the ceph-iscsi package was removed (ie `ceph-iscsi-3.6-2.g97f5b02.el8.noarch.rpm` - this is the latest package available from the Ceph Repos). So, obviously, I reinstalled the package.

However, `dnf` is throwing errors (unsurprisingly, as that package is an el8 package and this box is now running el9): that package requires python 3.6 and el9 runs with python 3.8 (I believe).

So my question(s) is: Can I simply "downgrade" python to 3.6, or is there an el9-compatible version of `ceph-iscsi` somewhere, and/or is there some process I need to follow to get the iSCSI Gateway back up and running?

Some further info: The next step in my "happy-happy-fun-time-holiday-ICT-maintenance" was to upgrade the current Ceph Cluster to use `cephadm` and to go from Ceph-Quincy to Ceph-Reef - is this my ultimate upgrade path to get the iSCSI G/W back?

BTW the Ceph Cluster is used *only* to provide iSCSI LUNS to an oVirt (KVM) Cluster front-end. Because it is the holidays I can take the entire network down (ie shutdown all the VMs) to facilitate this update process, which also means that I can use some other way (ie a non-iSCSI way - I think) to connect the Ceph SAN Cluster to the oVirt VM-Hosting Cluster - if *this* is the solution (ie no iSCSI) does someone have any experience in running oVirt off of Ceph in a non-iSCSI way - and could you be so kind as to provide some pointers/documentation/help?

And before anyone says it, let me: "I broke, now I own it" :-)

Thanks in advance, and everyone have a Merry Christmas, Heavenly Hanukkah, Quality Kwanzaa, Really-good (upcoming) Ramadan, and/or a Happy Holidays.

Cheers

Dulux-Oz