AssumeRoleWithWebIdentity with ServiceAccounts and IAM Roles

Is it possible to configure Ceph so that STS AssumeRoleWithWebIdentity works with a Kubernetes serviceaccount token?

My goal is that a pod running in a Kubernetes cluster can call AssumeRoleWithWebIdentity specifying an IAM role (previously created in Ceph) and the Kubernetes oicd service account token and get back a valid access key and secret. This would then be used to access objects in buckets hosted by Ceph object storage. This would allow our code to run unchanged between the cloud (S3) and on premise (Ceph providing object storage).

Original AWS document is here - https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/opensource/introducing-fine-grained-iam-roles-service-accounts/

Minio implementation is here - https://min.io/docs/minio/kubernetes/upstream/developers/sts-for-operator.html

Kubernetes OIDC endpoints (Service account issuer discovery) discussed here - https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/opensource/introducing-fine-grained-iam-roles-service-accounts/

I have setup a Ceph role that specifies an oicd url pointing to Kubernetes API server and passes the service token. But I still need to enable STS in ceph I believe, and have ceph talk to Kubernetes oicd. Before continuing though I am wondering if this setup is supported?

Thanks,

Charlie