Re: mgr finish mon failed to return metadata for mds

Can you restart the primary MDS (not sure which one it currently is, should be visible from the mds daemon log) and see if this resolves at least temporarily? Because after we recovered the cluster and cephfs we did have output in 'ceph fs status' and I can't remember seeing these error messages. This old bug [1] describes the same issue, it seems, and it was just recently updated. Not sure though if the backport made it into latest quincy.
And 'ceph mds metadata 0' also results in missing output:

root@node01:~# ceph mds metadata 0
{}
Error ENOENT:

[1] https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/24403

Zitat von Manolis Daramas <mdaramas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

The current ceph version that we use is 17.2.7.

We see in the Manager logs the below errors:

2 mgr.server handle_open ignoring open from mds.storage.node01.zjltbu v2:10.40.99.11:6800/1327026642; not ready for session (expect reconnect) 0 7faf43715700 1 mgr finish mon failed to return metadata for mds.storage.node01.zjltbu: (2) No such file or directory

and in

# ceph fs status
Error EINVAL: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/ceph/mgr/mgr_module.py", line 1759, in _handle_command
    return CLICommand.COMMANDS[cmd['prefix']].call(self, cmd, inbuf)
  File "/usr/share/ceph/mgr/mgr_module.py", line 462, in call
    return self.func(mgr, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/ceph/mgr/status/module.py", line 109, in handle_fs_status
    assert metadata
AssertionError

Does anyone know what they are and what we can do to fix them ?

Thanks,

Manolis
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, Motivian as Data Controller has a legal duty to protect any information collected from you via email. Information contained in this email and any attachments may be privileged or confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the original recipient. If you have received this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and delete the email, including emptying your deleted email box. Information included in this email is reserved to named addressee's eyes only. You may not share this message or any of its attachments to anyone. Please note that as the recipient, it is your responsibility to check the email for malicious software. Motivian puts the security of the client at a high priority. Therefore, we have put efforts into ensuring that the message is error and virus-free. Unfortunately, full security of the email cannot be ensured as, despite our efforts, the data included in emails could be infected, intercepted, or corrupted. Therefore, the recipient should check the email for threats with proper software, as the sender does not accept liability for any damage inflicted by viewing the content of this email.