Pool Migration / Import/Export

Hi All,

I find myself in the position of having to change the k/m values on an ec-pool. I've discovered that I simply can't change the ec-profile, but have to create a "new ec-profile" and a "new ec-pool" using the new values, then migrate the "old ec-pool" to the new (see: https://ceph.io/en/news/blog/2015/ceph-pool-migration/ => Using Rados Export/Import).

(Yes, a PITA, but it has to be done, and better doing it now when the data-size isn't that big - yet!)

My only concern is that the "old ec-pool" is a `--data-pool` and part of an rbd image (ie the image was created with `rbd create --size 2T ec_rbd_pool/disk01 --data-pool ec_pool --image-feature journaling`).

So my Q is: What are the "gotchas" (if any) with this, or is it simpler to backup the data (already done), destroy and recreate the rbd image from scratch, and restore the data to the re-created pool(s)/image?

FTR: space isn't an issue (I've got plenty to play with) but I'm looking for the quickest way to do this as its a live (but little used) system, so I can take it down for a few hours (or more), but don't particular *want* to have it off-line for longer than absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/warnings/etc  :-)

Cheers

Dulux-Oz