Re: error deploying ceph

Le 29/11/2023 à 11:44:57-0500, Adam King a écrit
Hi,

> I think I remember a bug that happened when there was a small mismatch
> between the cephadm version being used for bootstrapping and the container.
> In this case, the cephadm binary used for bootstrap knows about the
> ceph-exporter service and the container image being used does not. The
> ceph-exporter was removed from quincy between 17.2.6 and 17.2.7 so I'd
> guess the cephadm binary here is a bit older and it's pulling hte 17.2.7
> image. For now, I'd say just workaround this by running bootstrap with
> `--skip-monitoring-stack` flag. If you want the other services in the
> monitoring stack after bootstrap you can just run `ceph orch apply
> <service>` for services alertmanager, prometheus, node-exporter, and
> grafana and it would get you in the same spot as if you didn't provide the
> flag and weren't hitting the issue.
>
> For an extra note, this failed bootstrap might be leaving things around
> that could cause subsequent bootstraps to fail. If you run `cephadm ls` and
> see things listed, you can grab the fsid from the output of that command
> and run `cephadm rm-cluster --force --fsid <fsid>` to clean up the env
> before bootstrapping again.

I run into the same problem few weeks ago. My mistake was to use cepahdm
17.2.6 and trying to install the 17.2.7 version because I forget to remove
the cephadm 17.2.6 on my server (currently I try to fit the install of ceph
«into» our puppet config.

Soon I remove the old version of cephadm and install the 17.2.7 version
everything work fine again.

Regards.
--
Albert SHIH 🦫 🐸