Re: Object size

Den fre 24 nov. 2023 kl 06:15 skrev Miroslav Svoboda
<miroslav.svoboda@xxxxxxxxx>:
> please, is it better to reduce the default object size from 4MB to some
> smaller value for the rbd image where there will be a lot of small mail
> and webhosting files?

Many of the defaults for rbd caching seems to be way above the 4M mark
on this page:

https://docs.ceph.com/en/mimic/rbd/rbd-config-ref/

so I think that most of the small writes would be combined into neat
larger writes against the OSDs whenever flush needs to happen.

I would make sure the fs-cache gets to do its job for the machine that
does the RBD mounts, and then have the rbd caches help out so that you
don't get a 4M write for each small file written.

So in short, my guess is "no, don't change how it gets stored on disk"
but rather throw some RAM at the problem instead.