Re: Service Discovery issue in Reef 18.2.0 release ( upgrading )

On 21-11-2023 14:25, Stefan Kooman wrote:
On 15-11-2023 07:09, Brent Kennedy wrote:
Greetings group!

We recently reloaded a cluster from scratch using cephadm and reef.  The
cluster came up, no issues.  We then decided to upgrade two existing cephadm
clusters that were on quincy.  Those two clusters came up just fine but
there is an issue with the Grafana graphs on both clusters ( which were
working before the upgrade ).  They are now blank.  There is an error in the Prometheus alerts (PrometheusJobMissing) that is alerting and it states the
following:

The prometheus job that scrapes from Ceph is no longer defined, this will
effectively mean you'll have no metrics or alerts for the cluster. Please
review the job definitions in the prometheus.yml file of the prometheus
instance.

summary: The scrape job for Ceph is missing from Prometheus

We deployed a fresh Ceph cluster with 18.2.0 and have the exact same error. So I'm not sure it's only broken for upgrades from quincy.

Gr. Stefan

In our case it is this bug (IPv6 only bug): https://tracker.ceph.com/issues/63388.

Gr. Stefan