RadosGW public HA traffic - best practices?

Hi,
I am looking for some experience on how people make their RGW public.

Currently we use the follow:
3 IP addresses that get distributed via keepalived between three HAproxy
instances, which then balance to three RGWs.
The caveat is, that keepalived is PITA to get working in distributing a set
of IP addresses, and it doesn't scale very well (up and down).
The upside is, that it is really stable and customer nearly never have an
availability problem. And we have 3 IPs that make some sort of LB. It
serves up to 24Gbit in peak times, when all those backup jobs are running
at night.

But today I thought, what will happen if I just ditch the keepalived and
configure thos addresses static to the haproxy hosts?
How bad will the impact to a customer if I reboot one haproxy? Is there an
easier, more scalable way if I want to spread the load even further without
having an ingress HW LB (what I don't have)?

I have a lot of hosts that would be able to host some POD with a haproxy
and a RGW as container together, or even host the RGW alone in a container.
It would just need to bridge two networks.
But I currently do not have a way to use BGP to have one IP address split
between a set of RGW instances.

So long story short:
What are your easy setups to serve public RGW traffic with some sort of HA
and LB (without using a big HW LB that is capable of 100GBit traffic)?
And have you experienced problems when you do not shift around IP addresses.

Cheers
 Boris