Re: Large size differences between pgs

Hi,

if you could share some more info about your cluster you might get a better response. For example, 'ceph osd df tree' could be helpful to get an impression how many PGs you currently have. You can inspect the 'ceph pg dump' output and look for the column "BYTES" which tells you how large a PG is. It's not uncommon to have PGs sizes of 50 GB or more, one of our customers had 250 GB per PG because they couldn't tell how much data would be stored in their pools so the initial pg_num values didn't change for a while. So getting back to your cluster, assuming that your PGs have a size of around 25 GB it would be expected that with a deviation of 1 PG the difference would be 25 GB. Depending on the current PG distribution you could consider splitting them, but note the risks of having too many PGs per OSD.

Regards,
Eugen

Zitat von Miroslav Svoboda <miroslav.svoboda@xxxxxxxxx>:

Namely, the problem what I am trying to solve is that with such a large cluster I will lose a lot of  capacity like unused. I have deviation set to value 1 at the balancer, that is, if I'm not mistaken +-1pg per OSD and then due to the size dispersion between the largest and smallest PGs on the one OSDs host.Svoboda Miroslav -------- Původní zpráva --------Od: Anthony D'Atri <aad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Datum: 15.11.23 21:54 (GMT+01:00) Komu: Miroslav Svoboda <miroslav.svoboda@xxxxxxxxx> Předmět: Re: Large size differences between pgs How are you determining PG size?> On Nov 15, 2023, at 15:46, Miroslav Svoboda <miroslav.svoboda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > Hi,is it possible decrease large size differences between pgs? I have 5PB cluster and differences between smalest and bigest pgs are somewhere about 25GB.thanks,Svoboda Miroslav> _______________________________________________> ceph-users mailing list -- ceph-users@xxxxxxx> To unsubscribe send an email to ceph-users-leave@xxxxxxx