Re: pool(s) do not have an application enabled after upgrade ti 17.2.7

07.11.2023 16:34, Eugen Block пишет:
Hi,

can you check for existing metadata?

ceph osd pool ls detail --format=json-pretty|grep -A 2 application_metadata

Yes, it is here:

ceph osd pool ls detail --format=json-pretty|grep -A 2 application_metadata
        "application_metadata": {
            "mgr": {}
        }
--
        "application_metadata": {
            "rbd": {}
        }
--
        "application_metadata": {
            "cephfs": {
                "data": "cephfs"
--
        "application_metadata": {
            "cephfs": {

So, yes, application is not set on 2 pools.

Not sure if it's the same issue as described here: https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/2NL2Q57HTSGDDBLARLRCVRVX2PE6FKDA/

There the fix was to set the the application metadata like this:

ceph osd pool application set <your metadata pool name> cephfs
metadata <your ceph fs filesystem name>

Yes, I guess it is another way to fix this-  set application on pools.

But I don't sure I need to do this, because looks like I don't use these 2 pools.

I think it is better to delete them if I not need them and if it is safe.

Thank you!

Zitat von Dmitry Melekhov <dm@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello!

I'm very new to ceph ,s orry I'm asking extremely basic questions.

I just upgraded 17.2.6 to 17.2.7 and got warning:

2 pool(s) do not have an application enabled

These pools are

5 cephfs.cephfs.meta
6 cephfs.cephfs.data

I don't remember why and how I created them, I just followed some instruction...
And don't remember their state before upgrade :-(
And I see in dashboard 0 bytes is used in both pools.

But I have two other pools

3 cephfs_data
4 cephfs_metadata

which are in use by cephfs:

ceph fs ls
name: cephfs, metadata pool: cephfs_metadata, data pools: [cephfs_data ]

and really have data in them.

Could you tell me, can I just remove these two pools without application, if everything works , i.e. cephfs is mounted and accessible?

Thank you!