Re: Emergency, I lost 4 monitors but all osd disk are safe

Hi Mohamed,
are all mons down, or do you still have at least one that is running?

AFAIK: the mons save their DB on the normal OS disks, and not within the
ceph cluster.
So if all mons are dead, which mean the disks which contained the mon data
are unrecoverable dead, you might need to bootstrap a new cluster and add
the OSDs to the new cluster. This will likely include tinkering with cephx
authentication, so you don't wipe the old OSD data.

If you still have at least ONE mon alive, you can shut it down, and remove
all the other mons from the monmap and start it again. You CAN have
clusters with only one mon.

Or is did your host just lost the boot disk and you just need to bring it
up somehow? losing 4x2 NVME disks at the same time, sounds a bit strange.

Am Do., 2. Nov. 2023 um 11:34 Uhr schrieb Mohamed LAMDAOUAR <
mohamed.lamdaouar@xxxxxxx>:

> Hello,
>
>   I have 7 machines on CEPH cluster, the service ceph runs on a docker
> container.
>  Each machine has 4 hdd of data (available) and 2 nvme sssd (bricked)
>   During a reboot, the ssd bricked on 4 machines, the data are available on
> the HDD disk but the nvme is bricked and the system is not available. is it
> possible to recover the data of the cluster (the data disk are all
> available)

Die Selbsthilfegruppe "UTF-8-Probleme" trifft sich diesmal abweichend im
groüen Saal.