Re: Time to Upgrade from Nautilus

> One particular thing:  The upgrade instructions in various places on
> docs.ceph.com say something like
>
> Upgrade monitors by installing the new packages and restarting the monitor
> daemons.
>

> To me this is kind of vague.  Perhaps there is a different concept fo
> 'packages'  within the cephadm environment.  I could really use some
> clarification on this.

Well, for me this means:
Take one of the mons, run apt update/upgrade to get new ceph debs (or yum
upgrade to get new rpms), restart mon if package update did not already
force this, repeat for all mons, then move to mgrs,osd,rgw,mds and so on.

This part has worked fine for us from hammer and upwards.