Re: Ceph 16.2.x mon compactions, disk writes

> Some of it is transferable to RocksDB on mons nonetheless.

Please point me to relevant Ceph documentation, i.e. a description of how
various Ceph monitor and RocksDB tunables affect the operations of
monitors, I'll gladly look into it.

> Please point me to such recommendations, if they're on docs.ceph.com I'll
get them updated.

This are the recommendations we used when we built our Pacific cluster:
https://docs.ceph.com/en/pacific/start/hardware-recommendations/

Our drives are 4x times larger than recommended by this guide. The drives
are rated for < 0.5 DWPD, which is more than sufficient for boot drives and
storage of rarely modified files. It is not documented or suggested
anywhere that monitor processes write several hundred gigabytes of data per
day, exceeding the amount of data written by OSDs. Which is why I am not
convinced that what we're observing is expected behavior, but it's not easy
to get a definitive answer from the Ceph community.

/Z