Re: Unable to fix 1 Inconsistent PG

If I recall correctly When the acting or up_set of an PG changes the scrub
information is lost. This was likely lost when you stopped osd.238 and
changed the sets.

I do not believe based on your initial post you need to be using the
objectstore tool currently. Inconsistent PGs are a common occurrence and
can be repaired.

After your most recent post I would get osd.238 back in the cluster unless
you have reason to believe it is the failing hardware. But it could be any
of the osds in the following set (from your initial post)
[238,106,402,266,374,498,590,627,684,73,66]

You should inspect the SMART data and dmesg on the drives and servers
supporting the above OSDs to determine which one is failing.

After you get the PG back to active+clean+inconsistent (get osd.238 back in
and it finishes its backfill) you can re-issue a manual deep-scrub of it
and once that deep-scrub finishes the rados list-inconsistent-obj 15.f4f
should return and implicate a single osd with errors.

Finally you should issue the PG repair again.

In order to get your manually issued scrubs and repairs to start sooner you
may want to set the noscrub and nodeep-scrub flags until you can get your
PG repaired.

As an aside osd_max_scrubs of 9 is too aggressive IMO I would drop that
back to 3, max

Respectfully,

*Wes Dillingham*
wes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx