Re: CephFS: convert directory into subvolume

Hi,

check out this thread [1] as well, where Anh Phan pointed out:
Not really sure what you want, but for simplicity, just move folder to following structure:

/volumes/[Sub Volume Group Name]/[Sub Volume Name]

ceph will recognize it (no extend attr needed), if you use subvolumegroup name difference than "_nogroup", you must provide it in all subvolume command [--group_name <subvol_group_name>]

You'll need an existing group (the _nogroup won't work) where you can move your directory tree to. That worked in my test as expected.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/G4ZWGGUPPFQIOVB4SFAIK73H3NLU2WRF/#HB3WW2ENNBBC2ODVSWX2DBGZO2KVB5VK

Zitat von jie.zhang7@xxxxxxxxx:

Hello,

I'm following this tread and the original. I'm trying to convert directories into subvolumes. Where I'm stuck is how you move a directory into the subvolume root directory.

I have a volume 'tank' and it's mounted on the host as '/mnt/tank' I have subfolders '/mnt/tank/database', '/mnt/tank/gitlab', etc...

I create a subvolume and getpath gives me:
/volumes/_nogroup/database/4a....74

Questions:
1) How do I move /mnt/tank/database into /volumes/_nogroup/database/4a...74
2) Each of the directories have different pools associated with them, do I need to create the sub volume in the same pool? 3) Or can I just move '/mnt/tank/gitlab' --> /volumes/_nogroup/gitlab without first creating the volume? This would skip question 2..

Thx!

Jie