Re: rgw: disallowing bucket creation for specific users?

Hello Matthias,

In our setup we have a set of users that are only use to read from certain buckets (they have s3:GetObject set in the bucket policy).

When we create those read users using the Admin Ops API we add the max-buckets=-1 parameter which disables bucket creation.

https://docs.ceph.com/en/quincy/radosgw/adminops/#create-user

Isn’t this what are you looking for?

Regards,

Ondrej