Re: Balancer blocked as autoscaler not acting on scaling change

Hi,
we have often seen strange behavior and also interesting pg targets from pg_autoscaler in the last years.
That's why we disable it globally.

The commands:
ceph osd reweight-by-utilization
ceph osd test-reweight-by-utilization
are from the time before the upmap balancer was introduced and did not solve the problem in the long run in an active cluster.

That the balancer skips the pool with the rebalancing, I've seen more than once.

Why pg_autoscaler behaves this way would have to be analyzed in more detail. As mentioned above, we normally turn it off.

The idea of Eugen would help when the pool rebalancing is done.

Joachim

ceph ambassador DACH
ceph consultant since 2012

Clyso GmbH - Premier Ceph Foundation Member

https://www.clyso.com/