Re: ceph osd down doesn't seem to work

Hi Simon,

If the OSD is actually up, using 'ceph osd down` will cause it to flap
but come back immediately. To prevent this, you would want to 'ceph
osd set noup'. However, I don't think this is what you actually want:

> I'm thinking (but perhaps incorrectly?) that it would be good to keep the OSD down+in, to try to read from it as long as possible

In this case, you actually want it up+out ('ceph osd out XXX'), though
if it's replicated then marking it out will switch primaries around so
that it's not actually read from anymore. It doesn't look like you
have that much recovery backfill left, so hopefully you'll be in a
clean state soon, though you'll have to deal with those 'inconsistent'
and 'recovery_unfound' PGs.

Josh