Re: ceph orchestator pulls strange images from docker.io

Hi,

someone else had a similar issue [1], to set the global container image you can run:

$ ceph config set global container_image my-registry:5000/ceph/ceph:v17.2.6

I usually change that as soon as a cluster is up and running or after an upgrade so there's no risk of pulling wrong container images (I assume in your case the local cephadm versions on the hosts differ and therefore each one pulls a different default image hard-coded in the cephadm binary).

You should probably be able to start a mgr daemon by changing the unit.run file temporarily and replace "CONTAINER_IMAGE" with a correct image version (stop the pod first):

CONTAINER_IMAGE=my-registry/ceph/ceph-quincy@v17.2.6 (this is just an example).

The same line contains another image reference which you should change. Then restart that pod (e. g. with systemctl), hopefully you'll have a MGR up and running to be able to use the orchestrator again. This procedure helped me in the past.

Regards,
Eugen

[1] https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@xxxxxxx/thread/THAH2JFQNB7B4BPUHTRDPGXJ75WPNSNK/