Re: CEPH zero iops after upgrade to Reef and manual read balancer

Hello Josh
Thank you your for reply to us.

After giving the command in the cluster I got the following error. We are
concerned about user data. Could you kindly confirm this command will not
affect any user data?

root@ceph-node1:/# ceph osd rm-pg-upmap-primary
Traceback (most recent call last):   File "/usr/bin/ceph", line 1327, in
<module>     retval = main()   File "/usr/bin/ceph", line 1036, in main
retargs = run_in_thread(cluster_handle.conf_parse_argv, childargs)   File
"/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ceph_argparse.py", line 1538, in
run_in_thread     raise t.exception   File
"/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/ceph_argparse.py", line 1504, in run
self.retval = self.func(*self.args, **self.kwargs)   File "rados.pyx", line
551, in rados.Rados.conf_parse_argv   File "rados.pyx", line 314, in
rados.cstr_list   File "rados.pyx", line 308, in rados.cstr
UnicodeEncodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't encode characters in position 3-4:
surrogates

Apart from that, do you need any others information?

Regards
Mosharaf Hossain
Manager, Product Development
IT Division